Opened at beginning of 2010, the “project” G.H. Piazza Borsa, merges three adjacent buildings in the historical centre of Palermo into one large hotel structure. The central part of the structure used to be the convent and the large church of Mercedarian Fathers (XVI cen.). Both the cloister, characterised by daringly high porticos, and the old convent door have remained practically unchanged. In 1907, the church of the Immaculate Conception Cartari was demolished. In its place, the architect Ernesto Basile built the headquarters of the "Cassa Centrale di Risparmio Vittorio Emanuele. The building was inaugurated in 1912 and is yet another example of Basile's pre-eminence as promoter of the Liberty style in Italy. All of the City’s attractions - squares, parks, monuments, shopping streets and much more - can be found within 500 metres of the hotel. The windows of each room offer different points of view of the constantly changing heart of the town. Our 127 rooms offer as many different experiences of Palermo, as you could desire. Each room has its own separate design and personality, but all of them aim to provide maximum comfort, from the most exclusive suite to the snuggest single room. The meeting rooms are available on several floors: ground floor, first and second. Meeting rooms can always be reached both from the hotel entrances and via independent access.