Masterpiece of Renaissance military architecture, designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger on behalf of Duke Alessandro de'Medici and built between 1534 and 1537, the Fortezza da Basso is since 1967 the main structure of the Florentine exhibition & congressual center, located in a strategic position, in the historic center of the city. With an area of nearly 100,000 square meters, of which more than half covered, the Fortress is the ideal place for fairs and congresses with a high number of participants, with the ability to build a plenary hall of 3500 seats, but also home to large receptions representation and gala evenings. The complex and prestigious range of environments alternates impressive historic sights perfectly restored (like Quartieri Monumentali or the Polveriera) in modern pavilions built specifically to expand the supply of spaces, such as Spadolini Pavilion, which is spread over three floors (opened in 1977) and the most recent Cavaniglia (opened in 1996).
Fortezza da Basso exhibition area are part of the historical rooms and monumental quarters (Arsenale, Palazzina Lorenese, Teatrino, Sala dell'Arco, Sala della Volta, Sala della Scherma, Sala Ottagonale, etc.) and modern pavilions (Padiglione Spadolini e Cavaniglia).
Each room therefore requires a specially installation designed according to the needs of the customer.
All conference equipment listed below can be provided on request.
The Cavaniglia and the area 'Basilica' have a fixed exipment of American devices.