Casa Cardinal Ildefonso Schuster is a 16th century building located in the heart of the city not far from the Duomo: here you can admire the magnificent cloisters commissioned by the Trivulzio in the 16th century and restored by high-caliber architects such as Luca Beltrami, Cesare Nava and Antonio Cassi Ramelli. The structure has 5 meeting rooms which can accommodate from 40 to 480 people and which are suitable for holding corporate events, conferences, training courses and press conferences. The spaces are available only on weekly days starting at 6.30pm, on weekends and in the months of July and August.
The building has its roots in history: before 1232 the order of S. Antonio Abate settled here to manage the hospice and hospital that offered treatment to those suffering from "sacred fire". The birth of the Cà Granda ended the activity of the Antonians who, after the opening of the Sforza Hospital, returned to France. In the sixteenth century, thanks to the noble Trivulzio and Landriani families, the building was partially demolished and partially transformed, putting beside the bell tower with a cone-shaped spire dated 1456 the magnificent cloister decorated with terracotta friezes of Bramante inspiration. In 1576 S. Carlo redeemed the command from the Landriani for 13,000 scudi and entrusted the church and convent to the Theatine clerics. The order of the Theatines was suppressed by Napoleon in 1798: the convent first became a military warehouse and after a year, during the Austro-Russian occupation, a police office was set up with prisons to lock up those Milanese who, to be considered republicans, were huddled in the streets of Milan with a slip knot thrown by the Russians while riding. After the occupation, the prison remained, called the Political Correctional Judgment. In 1860 it was ennobled in the Royal Court, a function that it maintained until the 30s. In 1935 the building was bought back by the Archdiocese of Milan by the will of Card. Ildefonso Schuster and since then it has housed the offices of numerous lay associations.