The Congress Centre of the Republic of San Marino, built in the years 1949-50, was born as the venue for the casino and various social and cultural events. The card rooms were closed in August 1951 and the Palace was intended to different functions and reached levels of intense activity and international prestige primarily as a venue for cultural and congressional initiatives.
The building occupies a position of great privilege: the closeness to the city center, reachable on foot through natural routes of considerable environmental value, in a peaceful area surrounded by oaks and maquis of Mediterranean flora, the presence of large parking areas, the landscape and the incomparable beauty of the Marche and Romagna hinterland and the Adriatic Coast.
After a restoration work, the new structure, opened in 2002, is a modern center offering a full range of highly qualified and technologically advanced services, able to satisfy the most demanding congress requirements.
The rooms are of various types and sizes, with capacities from 20 to 361 seats, structured and furnished to allow flexible use solutions for different occasions and to better fit the needs of the increasingly image-conscious organizers, the new communications systems and to the spectacular aspect of the event.
Particular attention was paid to the plant sector, always in rapid and continuous evolution. All rooms are equipped for modern audio and video equipment, translation and linked together for the performance of activities simultaneously. Inside the Kursaal Congress Centre is the optical fiber, which allows high-performance access to Internet.